Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Review and Comparison: Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask vs. Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

I am so nervous writing my first post :P

Anyways, today I'm gonna review and compare my holy grail masks from Innisfree: Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (original) vs. Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask (what a long name!). Although the word "Jeju" isn't stated on the tube, the Super Volcanic one contains volcanic cluster from Jeju Island just like the original one.

 I bought the original one that comes in a jar of 100ml (on the left) and I believe it takes months to use it up. This is actually my third jar! On the other hand, the SUPER version which comes in a tube (on the right) is my first tube. The tube is very big in my opinion and contains 200ml which is double size of the jar. I have been using the original one for more than 2 years and never run out of this.

 Left: Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
Right: Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

I love how it feels on my skin; it definitely makes my face fresher, more radiant, and wayyy smoother than before. Moreover, I can barely see my pores! Sorry I cannot show you any descriptions since I lost the box T_T
But last year I found out that Innisfree had released Super Volcanic Clay Mask which they claimed:
This clay mask with its super volcanic cluster capsules powerfully adsorbs sebum to intensively resolve pore concerns.
(just in case you cannot read whats in the below photo)


Differences:
- The super one gives cooling effect as it claims while the original one doesn't
- The super one is creamier than the original one, so it's easier to spread
- Original one smells slightly stronger than the super
- The original Volcanic contains 3,000mg volcanic cluster while the Super Volcanic contains 6,020mg volcanic cluster in every 100ml of the product

They both:
- minimize / tighten pores
- soothe skin
- can be used for reducing pimples (dotted on the acne)
- make skin looks more radiant and brighter
- make skin smooth
- enhance skin tone
- inexpensive (jar: $10-13 and tube: $19-23)

Well, after using it several times, I can say that the final result is similar to the original one. They both work amazingly!

The con is only on the packaging! When it comes to the jar, as everybody will say, it will be so unhygienic. Therefore, I bought the tube version for Super Volcanic one. However, it doesn't solve the first problem. It takes a looonggg time and a lot of effort to squeeze the product out! T_______T
It is supposed to be easier since the texture is even creamier. I don't know whether it's just mine or packaging failure from Innisfree.

 I will definitely repurchase the Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask again in the future since I love the texture and the cooling effect, BUT of course in jar version! 
Rate them :
I just love them too much and ignore the annoying packaging >,<

4 comments:

  1. ahaha Love your review!!!
    I've actually reviewed the super clay mask as well XD mind checking it out?
    Just wanted to let you know that I have my
    blogversary giveaway where you can win a beauty/fashion set worth $30
    + a fashion giveaway, where just by joining, you will get a $30 voucher to spend on clothes
    
xx Charmaine

    Charrmyn || New Outfit Post || Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy the super volcanic pore clay mask squeeze tube type? I've been looking every where but it looks like discontinued

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I recently just bought the super volcanic version and I'm really excited to try it out! Thanks for this review, it was really helpful. Check out my blog as well! I make Korean product reviews!

    http://minamaniac.blogspot.com

    ~Mina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm esther from characlaire.blogspot.com. I intended to make a review about super volcanic pore clay review. May i use your review about difference between super volcanic and volcanic one? I'll give a credit of yours in my blog as well.😊

    Xx, Esther
    Characlaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete